Get started with Linked Data & Solid with our VAIA/UGain course
We are happy let you know that we are organising the second edition of
our Linked Data and Solid course in collaboration with UGain and VAIA!
This course will run from the 28th of September 2023 till 11th of January 2024.
It will dive into creating interoperability across multiple servers and organizations,
on multiple levels. We will learn how to carefully reuse domain models where possible, and
how to define your own terms where necessary, according to the latest state of the art in Linked Data.
Solid applies Linked Data on personal data management:
instead of having to store user data on your own servers,
you can rely on a storage provider that speaks the Solid specification.
Challenges that can be solved with Linked Data arise from the moment multiple apps read and
write from the same storage.
Techniques will be discussed to provide cross-app interoperability across open, shared,
as well as personal knowledge graphs.
This course teaches you
- A basic understanding of Linked Data
- A basic understanding of Solid
- A basic understanding of semantic reasoning and streaming
- How to publish Linked Data
- How to set up the Community Solid Server
- How to create queries over Linked Data
- How to design and publish Linked Data vocabularies
- How to generate Linked Data from non-Linked Data using RML.io
- How to create interoperable Linked Data in Flanders and Europe
- How to create a Linked Data architecture using Linked Data Fragments and Linked Data Event Streams
- How to validate Linked Data using SHACL and ShEx
Find the list of classes classes below,
together with the list of teachers.
You find more information and the option to register here.